Model European Union Strasbourg (MEUS) is a unique simulation of EU decision-making and politics that takes place annually in Strasbourg. The project is thus completely original in the world of simulations and is already extremely popular among young Europeans from diverse backgrounds, from Law, International Relations, Political Science and European Affairs to History, Media Studies, and Interpreting. MEUS is therefore an educational project that succeeds in giving participants the opportunity to develop their skills in EU law, debating and negotiations at EU level and to understand the complexities of the EU in practice.
Bringing together 200 young Europeans, this intense, weeklong conference is held inside the European Parliament in Strasbourg – and the two topics discussed are the privacy in electronic communications and work-life balance. During the conference, you will have the chance to test yourself and interact with others in a professional but friendly environment, where you experience the internal functioning of the EU first hand. The official language of MEU Strasbourg is English, but there will be interpretation into all major European Languages!
Each year participants debate two real-life legislative proposals drafted by the European Commission and simulate the EU decision making process by taking on the roles of:
- Member of the European Parliament
Participants must decide to their 1st and 2nd choice. Having two choices is not required, but preferred.
By applying for becoming a participant of Model European Union Strasbourg 2018, you are signing in for a great and busy week spent in Strasbourg, simulating EU decision-making and politics, together with participants from 52 countries! The simulation will be held between 21st and 28th of April, in the premises of the European Parliament.
In order to participate:
- You must be between 18 and 26 years of age throughout the duration of the conference.
- You need to have your application (https://form.jotformeu.com/73323094373354 ) submitted and accepted,
- Be able to cover your travel costs both to and from Strasbourg and
- Pay the 150€ participation fee (75€ for participants from Strasbourg). The participation fee covers the accommodation in Strasbourg as well as breakfasts and lunches, social events and transportation within the city.
In order to successfully complete your application, you must:
- Attach your CV
- Fill out the Application form;
- Write a short motivation letter (250 words ±10%);
- Answer ONE essay question (500 words ±10%, no endnotes)
- Upload any document required for your application;
Deadline for application is 17 January 2018.