Deadline: 5th of September 2019
Contract Duration: October 1st 2019 – September 30th 2020 (further extension expected)
Working Hours: 30 hours/week 75%
Job placement: Tbilisi, Georgia. Frequent field trips in Diversity Residence, in regions of Georgia.
Monthly salary: 400 EUR gross equivalent in GEL
Deadline for applications: 5th of September 2019
Selected candidate is expected to take over the full responsibility on the project from the beginning of November latest.
Iris Group – Managing Diversity is looking for a pro-active, entrepreneurial and experienced Project Manager who will work for social enterprise – The Diversity Residence. You will be working in a young, motivated and creative team of two project managers with direct reporting to supervisor, co-owners of the Diversity Residence and the board of directors of Iris Group. You can work from our small office in Tbilisi, from home and at the spot of Diversity Residence in Zemo Magharo. As a good candidate we expect that you are familiar and share our values of democracy, transparency and accountability.
– 3 years of experience working in a social enterprise, NGO or similar setting
– Experience in project management (including budget management), and fundraising (project writing, communication with donors);
– Languages: Fluency in English and Georgian
– Additionally, following experiences are a plus, but not mandatory: social entrepreneurship, business planning, crowd funding, social media communication
– Willing to travel within Georgia (esp. to Zemo Magharo) as well as to international conferences of Iris Group partners
– Pro-active, hands on and motivated to develop Diversity Residence and contribute to the development of Iris Group
– Able and available to work from distance and in the office
– Able to conduct field visits to Diversity Residence in Zemo Magharo and liaise with construction company and workers at the spot
– Willing to learn, self-organized, flexible
– Develop a model to financially sustain Diversity Residence by a social business concept for seminars & hosting guests, grant applications and co-operations
– Coordinate and monitor construction work with workers and construction company at the spot
– Run social campaigns to promote Diversity Residence and represent it on regional meetings and fairs
– Manage the budget of Diversity Residence including future bookings
– Develop cooperation with local citizens, business and municipality
– Ensure exchange and reporting to relevant stakeholders such as board of Iris Group, co-owners, alumni of Iris Group.
Do you want to become project manager of Diversity Residence? Please send your application in one PDF in English including following aspects:
– Motivation of max. 1 page describing why you want to work for Diversity Residence and what qualifies you. Alternatively, you can also send a video of max. 3 minutes.
– CV (max 2 pages) with relevant references from previous employers
Please, indicate information about earliest possible start date for you. Send your info to Margalita Japaridze via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is 5th of September.
The Diversity Residence is a social enterprise of NGO Iris Group – Managing Diversity, contributing to sustain educational programs of the organization. The Diversity Residence will be a multi-functional community center and facility in Zemo Magharo that will provide lodging, food and training space to serve various organizations who are interested in promoting an environment of tolerance, diversity and harmony. These communities and organizations can reserve training room space in the DR for seminars, training, workshops and team building events. Local community can benefit with managing and working in the center, selling local products, providing workshops and tours and getting involved in DR educational activities. It will also be a place that welcomes backpackers that are looking for short term lodging, discovering rural Georgia and learning traditional arts and cuisine. The hostel will accommodate 35 people and will have space for conference room. The area, village Zemo Magharo is mountainous, it is close to the nature, thus inspirational with the possibility to develop hiking and cycle trails. The profit generated by the hostel will be reinvested back to the activities of Iris Group or to the local community in Zemo Magharo and surrounding towns. Please, see the video here.
Iris Group – Managing Diversity
NGO Iris Group strives to promote a pluralistic society in Georgia. It supports young people to use their potential with the strength of diversity to contribute to the development of their society by active participation. Goals: Promote diversity and raise awareness about ethnic minority issues in Georgia; Motivate and empower young people to be active members of their society, to participate in decision making process and be change makers in their communities; Provide skills and knowledge to young people to become full-fledged members of their society; Implement educational programs for youth addressing the topics of diversity and minority Issues; Create a sense of cooperation, integration, and unity among young people in Georgia. In order to achieve mentioned goals, Iris Group Implements diverse educational activities. More info about Iris Group’s activities: http://irisgroup.org.ge/