Deadline: June 15, 2019
Project Dates: 5-15 July, 2019
Place: Magdeburg, Germany
Call for Participants
Iris Group – Managing Diversity is looking for 7 participants from Georgia for the international youth exchange “Faces of Europe” taking place in Magdeburg, Germany on July 5-15, 2019.
The program is organized by five partner organizations from Czech Republic, Georgia, Portugal, Serbia and Georgia. The youth exchange is financially supported by Erasmus+ and the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Integration of the State of Saxony-Anhalt.
Topic of the Exchange
Europe | clichés and stereotypes | creativity | youth participation
The youth exchange “Faces of Europe” brings together young people aged 17-25 from five different countries within Europe. During the exchange, the young people will discuss their own identities and backgrounds, the meaning of clichés attributed to them (as individuals, students, residents of a certain country, young people, Europeans, etc.). Through activating and thought-stimulating methods they will be supported to reflect on and recognize what they want for themselves and for the groups they (feel like they) belong to, as well as what connects them with young people from completely different regional and cultural spaces. To make these (self-) experiences visible and to deal with them creatively, the young people will participate in workshops to document their time spent together (i.e. film/photo workshop).
– Project dates: July 5-15, 2019
– Project place: Magdeburg, Germany
– 5 participating countries: Czech Republic, Georgia, Portugal, Serbia and Germany
– 7 participants + 1 team leader per country
– Workshops and thought-stimulating methods
– Thematic discussions on European citizenship, clichés and stereotypes and youth participation
– Professional workshop leaders
– Day trips within the city of Magdeburg and surrounding cities
– Youthpass certificate
– Accommodation and food will be fully covered by the program. Travel costs will be reimbursed (maximum 360 EUR). Participants are responsible for their own travel insurances.
How to apply
If you are interested in this call, fill in the application form.
In order to apply, you have to be between the ages of 17-25 and currently living in Georgia.
The criteria for selecting participants: showing strong motivation to participate in this youth exchange, exhibiting clear interest towards the topic, possessing experiences and competences necessary for participation.
Deadline for filling out the application: June 15, 2019
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.