Deadline: September 2, 2018
Project Dates: 1-8 October, 2018
Place: Magdeburg, Germany
Call for Participants – “Data Me?”
Iris Group – Managing Diversity is looking for 5 Georgian participants for the international youth exchange “Data Me?” taking place in Magdeburg, Germany on 1-8 October, 2018.
The program is organized by four partner organizations: Bildungsnetzwerk Magdeburg gGmbH (Germany), FAVEO (Poland), COD Jajce (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Iris Group – Managing Diversity (Georgia). The youth exchange is financially supported by Erasmus+.
Topic of the Exchange
The youth exchange “Data me?” is aimed at young people aged 16-25 from four different countries within Europe and its partner regions. We aim at involving young people to think about the future of our digitized world – by inviting them on a week of workshops, simulations and excursions about the topic “Data”. Our data seems to be one of the most interesting resources for big global players these days. As digital natives, our youth seems to be logged in non-stop. What we see and read online influences our views on the world and on ourselves. So, what will our data be used for in the future? What is it being used for today? And how can we achieve a responsible handling of our data? The 20 participants of the youth exchange will be animated to think and talk about these topics in different workshops and during a simulation game, discuss with experts and during an excursion. Thus, they shall decide for themselves, how to live in the digital world, and reflect upon possibilities to get involved and take active responsibility for our future.
Fact About the Exchange
– Project dates: 1-8 October, 2018
– Project place: Magdeburg, Germany
– 4 participating countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Poland and Germany
– 5 participants + 1 team leader per country
– Workshops and a long-term simulation game
– Thematic discussions on the forms of taking part in society in the digital age
– Professional workshop leaders
– Day trips within the city of Magdeburg and to one other city
– Youthpass certificate
– Accommodation and food will be fully covered by the program. Travel costs will be reimbursed (maximum 360 EUR). Participants are responsible for their own travel insurances.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this call, fill in the application form.
In order to apply, you have to be between the ages of 16-25 and currently living in Georgia.
The criteria for selecting participants: showing strong motivation to participate in this youth exchange, exhibiting clear interest towards the topic, possessing experiences and competences necessary for participation.
Deadline for filling out the application: September 2, 2018
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact person: Ana Virsaladze